Cottrell & Vermeulen ArchitectureServices_
Building Services & Environmental Design
Bean Learning Resource Centre
OR Consulting were appointed as the building services designers and acousticians for the low carbon redevelopment and extension of the historic Bean library building to create a new Learning Resource Centre for Brentwood School.
OR Consulting formulated the project’s environmental strategy to include:
- The adoption of natural cooling and passive ventilation techniques.
- The optimisation of the passive performance of the new and existing building fabric.
- The installation of automated solar awnings to shade the South facade.
- The optimisation of day lighting within learning spaces.
- The acoustic design of spaces to Building Bulletin 93.
- The use of heat recovery ventilation to minimise fresh air heating loads in winter.
- The use of air source heat pump technologies to recover heat from the school’s site wide server room to heat the new LRC development and affording a 10% reduction in the CO2 footprint.
- The utilisation of photovoltaic panels.
Selected Building Acoustic Projects
The Garden Museum
Westborough Academy, Low Carbon Masterplan: Phase 1
Streatham and Clapham Girls School Phase 1
Girl's Day School Trust