Feilden Clegg Bradley ArchitectsServices_
Building Services & Environmental DesignSector_
Fairley House School
OR Consulting acted as environmental engineers and acoustic consultants on the fast track refurbishment of a specialist teaching floor for Fairley House School, as part of a wider redevelopment scheme.
The project was located within a four-storey, Grade II listed, Victorian property. Accordingly, we tailored our engineering strategies to facilitate future masterplan works,
preserve the historic features of the building and be demonstrably non-invasive and reversible.
Our engineering strategies included:
• The adoption of passive cooling and natural ventilation techniques;
• The design of a decentralised heating and hot water solution;
• The zoned electrical refurbishment of the space;
• The installation of wireless fire and intruder detection devices;
• The development of reversible acoustic partition and acoustic absorber details.
• The installation of low energy lighting.