Building Services & Environmental Design
Petchey Academy Renaissance Centre
As part of the masterplan development of Petchey Academy, OR Consulting Engineers were appointed as low carbon building services engineers and acoustic consultants for the Petchey Renaissance Centre Project. The Project comprised of a new, stand alone classroom block designed for teaching children with specialist teaching needs.
The building was designed to:
- Optimise the thermal and daylighting performance of the building form and fabric.
- Inform the building form to optimise its acoustic screening function.
- Incorporate low energy lighting and controls.
- Employ heat pump technologies to heat the building.
- Employ a mixed-mode ventilation strategy.
- Incorporate security, access control, and CCTV installations to provide a highly secure teaching environment.
- Develop the design of the acoustic environment to exceed Building Bulletin 93.