London Borough of HaringeyDesigner_
Building Services & Environmental Design
Cultural and Sport
Wood Green Youth Hub
OR Consulting Engineers have been appointed as low-carbon building services consultants on the development of a new Youth Hub project located in Wood Green.
The building is located in an existing multi-storey complex, situated within a busy urban and residential environment and will see the conversion of an existing 800sqm retail unit into a youth space.
The project is funded by the local Council to revive the local neighbourhood. It has been co-designed with young residents of the local community to provide a new vibrant and safe space for all people.
The project design:
- Creates a dynamic multi-use space, including café, training kitchen, arts facilities, recording studio, sensory rooms and computer rooms.
- Utilizes low carbon heat pump technology to heat and cool the space.
- Increases the capacity of the venue.
- Improves the experience and comfort of visitors.
- Improves accessibility.
- Coordinates lighting design with the Architect to provide new atmospheric, practical and flexible lighting throughout.
- Provides improved and robust WC facilities.
- Provides lift facilities.
- Improves the electrical infrastructure (to facilitate the operation of new audio-visual, lighting and catering installations).