St Catharine's CollegeDesigner_
Building Services & Environmental DesignSector_
OR Consulting were employed to undertake a masterplan design study for the refurbishment of Sherlock Court, which forms part of St. Catharine’s College, Cambridge.
Sherlock Court is comprised of a number of listed buildings which have been connected to provide student accommodation, Master’s accommodation and retail units.
To realise the client’s brief OR Consulting developed design measures to:
- Improve the passive energy performance of the building envelope.
- Improve the energy performance of the active building systems (i.e. heating, lighting, hot water services, etc.).
- Reduce the building’s carbon emissions.
- Rationalise and upgrade all mechanical plant.
- Upgrade Sherlock Court’s utility infrastructure.
- Upgrade and rationalise all electrical, mechanical and domestic water services distribution, to improve the reliability, resilience and energy performance of all systems.
- Upgrade all lighting installations to radically improve the aesthetic and energy performance of the installed systems.
- Introduce additional toilet and shower facilities.