Ambassador Theatre GroupDesigner_
Pawlik + Weidmer ArchitectsServices_
Building Services & Environmental Design
Heritage and Places of Worship
Cultural and Sport
Brighton Theatre Royal
OR Consulting are appointed as low carbon building services consultants on the refurbishment of Brighton Theatre Royal.
The building is Grade II Listed and is located within the heart of Brighton, adjacent to a busy urban and residential environment. Preserving the building’s heritage fabric was a key driver for the design and installation of an all-new ventilation and cooling system.
The project design will include:
- Improving the experience and comfort of visitors.
- The upgrade and refurbishment of outdated LV infrastructure.
- Phasing of the refurbishment works to ensure minimal disruption to ongoing performances.
- Utilising low carbon heat pump technology to heat and cool the space.
- Preventing noise nuisance to neighbours due to installation of new roof plant equipment.
- The refurbishment and reconfiguration of LV infrastructure (to facilitate increased stage lighting and new cooling installation).
- Coordinating with the Architect and Heritage Officer to minimize impacts on listed building fabric.
- Installation of all new façade lighting to compliment the building’s architectural features.