Mixed Use Development, London
Commercial & Residential Development
Building Services and Low Carbon Consultants, OR Consulting, have completed the design and Part L compliance for a sensitive mixed-use development in Islington, London.
OR Consulting have been involved in the development of the building services design to serve both the residential and commercial accommodation.
Key features of the building services design include:
- The optimisation of the facade design to reduce solar gains.
- The optimisation of the passive performance of the building’s envelope.
- The adoption of heat pump technology to optimise the nett lettable area of the commercial demise and address sensitive environmental noise issues.
- The use of heat recovery ventilation techniques.
- The installation of water efficient technologies.
- Part L analysis for both residential and office accommodation.
- The sub-metering of energy consumption.