Building Services & Environmental DesignSector_
Upper Berkeley Street Project
OR Consulting Engineers acted as environmental engineers and acousticians for the redevelopment of this Grade II listed townhouse to create six luxury apartments for short term let.
Key features of this design included:
- The dynamic thermal modelling of the building and its surroundings;
- The restoration and improvement in passive performance of the building’s envelope;
- The improvement of acoustic separation between spaces;
- The design of dedicated air source heat pump installations to serve each apartment;
- The design of a heating system serving communal areas;
- The design of a communal hot water services plant within pavement vaults;
- The development of a mixed mode ventilation strategy;
- The design of diverse electrical systems and;
- The sensitive integration of all services installations.