Nissen Richards StudioServices_
Building Services & Environmental DesignSector_
Sydenham Road, Mixed Use Development
OR Consulting Engineers are the environmental engineers for a new mixed-use development in the heart of Sydenham, London. The development comprises of 2 buildings, housing a total of 18 apartments, designed in accordance with the Code for Sustainable Homes and a commercial unit, designed to achieve BREEAM ‘very good’.
We were involved in the development of the environmental design to serve both the residential and commercial accommodation. Key Features of this design included:
- The dynamic thermal modelling of the building and its surroundings;
- The optimisation of the passive performance of the building’s envelope;
- The optimisation of the building’s daylighting strategy;
- The design of the space heating and hot water services installations, as part of the development’s wider environmental strategy;
- The design of all plant to address sensitive external noise issues;
- The design of an integrated dry riser and smoke ventilation strategy;
- The installation of photovoltaics to serve the residential unit;
- The design of diverse electrical installations;
- The design of smart energy metering and;
- The detailing of independent utility supplies to serve all commercial and residential units.