Cottrell & Vermeulen ArchitectureServices_
Building Services & Environmental Design
Bean Learning Resource Centre
OR Consulting were appointed as the Building Services designers and Acousticians for the low-carbon redevelopment and extension of the historic Bean library building to create a new Learning Resource Centre for Brentwood School.
OR Consulting formulated the project’s environmental strategy to include;
- The adoption of natural cooling and passive ventilation techniques.
- The optimisation of the passive performance of the new and existing building fabric.
- The installation of automated solar awnings to shade the South facade.
- The optimisation of day lighting within learning spaces.
- The acoustic design of spaces to BB93.
- The use of heat recovery ventilation to minimise fresh air heating loads in winter.
- The use of air source heat pump technologies to recover heat from the school’s site wide server room to heat the new LRC development and a ording a 10% reduction in the CO2 footprint.
- The utilisation of photovoltaic panels.
Selected Building Acoustic Projects
The Garden Museum
Westborough Academy, Low Carbon Masterplan: Phase 1
Streatham and Clapham Girls School Phase 1
Girl's Day School Trust